Dr. Barbara Katz helps women lose weight in menopause. Listen to her common-sense approach to weight loss in this episode.
Dr Barbara L Katz is a physician and certified life and weight loss coach. She has successfully navigated an unexpected divorce in her 60s and enjoys helping women learn the power of changing their thoughts to permanently lose weight, improve their relationships, and enhance their lives. She practiced as a Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine Physician for over 40 years and currently practices part-time as a Child Abuse Physician.
In this episode of the Woman of Value Podcast:
- How to lose weight in menopause
- The secrets to permanent weight loss
- Why Barbara became a weight loss coach
- How to adapt better habits to live a happier life
S3 EP 22: Dr. Barbara Katz –How to Lose Weight in Menopause
WHAT DOES WOMAN OF VALUE MEAN TO YOU?
I believe every woman is valuable just as they are.
YOUR ‘AHA’ WOMAN OF VALUE MOMENT
When I was unexpectedly divorced at 65 I decided I wasn’t going to stay angry and depressed. My daughter introduced me to weight loss coaching through a podcast. I realized your thoughts create your feelings. I started asking if the thoughts were true. I began to develop more confidence and learned to look at food as fuel. After the six-month program, I decided to train as a coach and share information with other women. I show them you can lose weight at any age.
I work one-on-one with women. Every woman has their own issues. Menopause makes weight loss more challenging for many reasons. Our eating habits aren’t great. We’re more sedentary. We eat a lot of processed food. When you eat emotionally, it’s a problem. I help women express their emotions and know when they’re hungry or full.
I’m looking forward to seeing my grandkids more. I’d like to add group coaching. And I’d like to spend some of the colder months in warmer climates.
THE LIGHTNING ROUND
• I used to think I wasn’t self-confident enough.
• What was the #1 thing holding you back from becoming a woman of value? Belief in myself.
• What’s the best advice you can give to a woman who wants to become more empowered? Follow your truth.
• What advice would you give to your younger self? You never know where life is going to take you. Enjoy the ride.
• What’s something people get wrong about you? They think I’m more self-confident than I am.
• How would you like to be remembered? As a woman in her 60s who was able to inspire other women to live their best life. You’re never too old.
Connect With Dr. Barbara Katz
Subscribe/Rate/Review the Woman of Value Podcast!
►► Apple Podcasts http://bit.ly/womanofvalue
►► Spotify http://bit.ly/wovspotify
►► Stitcher http://bit.ly/wovstitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts!
►► Get a copy of Sandy’s book, Becoming a Woman of Value; How to Thrive in Life and Love https://bit.ly/womanofvaluebook