In this episode of the Woman of Value Podcast, Belinda Ellsworth shows women how to work from their happy place.
Belinda Ellsworth is a trailblazer in coaching and speaking with over 25 years of experience. She has built three successful businesses and spoken to tens of thousands of professionals across the globe. Her podcast, Work From Your Happy Place has over 500 podcast episodes and she is a brand enthusiast for everyday entrepreneurs with her My Happy Place subscription box and The Everyday Entrepreneur planner.
In this episode of the Woman of Value Podcast:
- What it means to work from your happy place
- The pivotal moment that helped Belinda own her value
- How to overcome self-doubt
- How women see themselves in sales
WHAT DOES WOMAN OF VALUE MEAN TO YOU?
Every woman has a tremendous amount of value, and we don’t always recognize that. Women are awesome!
YOUR ‘AHA’ WOMAN OF VALUE MOMENT
When I started getting hundreds of testimonials and cards of people saying I changed their business and life. I began to take ownership of the impact my work had on others.
At first I said thank you so much. And then I responded I gave them the tools and they put them into action.
THE PRESENT: WORKING FROM YOUR HAPPY PLACE
I’ve been a sales trainer for almost thirty years. I help people do their job better. I help with goal setting and systems. I’ve had the podcast for six years, and it’s about empowering people with inspirational stories of artists and entrepreneurs who are attempting to make a living with their craft.
We’re launching a community called subscription box. We have experts and masterclasses. We have online journaling as well.
I teach three sides of excellence:
1. Master your craft
2. Show up with a really good work ethic
3. Network and connect with others
THE LIGHTNING ROUND
- I used to think I wasn’t smart enough.
- What was the #1 thing holding you back from becoming a woman
of value? My first marriage. I was married for sixteen years to someone who didn’t really value me. I stayed for my children, and I realized that didn’t serve them either. I felt like a failure for not being able to make it work. When it ended, I felt free to be me.
- What’s the best advice you can give to a woman who wants to
become more empowered? Discover what’s your achilles heal that holds you back. Once you figure it out, you can rise above self-doubt.
- What advice would you give to your younger self? I would work more diligently at my network instead of only trying to figure everything out myself.
- What’s something people get wrong about you? I’m super intense when I want to get something done. People take it to mean I’m not approachable or friendly. Not true!
- How would you like to be remembered? I’d like to be remembered as someone who genuinely cared about others.
Subscribe/Rate/Review the Woman of Value Podcast!
►► Apple Podcasts http://bit.ly/womanofvalue
►► Spotify http://bit.ly/wovspotify
►► Stitcher http://bit.ly/wovstitcher
or wherever you listen to podcasts!
►► Get a copy of Sandy’s book, Becoming a Woman of Value; How to Thrive in Life and Love https://bit.ly/womanofvaluebook
Connect with Belinda