If you want to know the path to fulfilling your purpose, this podcast episode with author Vicki Znavor is for you.
Vicki Znavor is a former Chief Human Resources Officer, selected by Crain’s Chicago Business in 2020 as a Notable HR Leader and one of the Most Powerful Latinas in 2019. She serves on several not-for-profit boards focusing on literacy and alleviating human suffering. She is the author of “Authenticity Reawakened: The Path To OWNING Your Life’s Story and Fulfilling Your Purpose” which was published in January 2015.
In this episode of The Woman of Value Podcast:
– The importance of discovering your purpose
– Three steps to finding your true purpose
– How pivotal moments in your life can help you find your values
– How to become more confident
– How to have the strength to stay on your path
Vicki Znavor – The Path to Fulfilling Your Purpose
WHAT DOES WOMAN OF VALUE MEAN TO YOU?
Your value has nothing to do with what you do for a living. We know we’re incredibly powerful. Embrace your power. If you don’t feel powerful, do some self-exploration.
What are the five to seven pivotal moments of your life that have had a huge impact on who you are? Look at the strength it took to stay on your path. You’ll begin to have a deeper appreciation got your strength of character.
YOUR ‘AHA’ WOMAN OF VALUE MOMENT
When I was eight, I was sitting in a closet. I am the youngest of twelve kids of alcoholic parents. It was chaotic (hence, the closet for reflective time). I told myself my life would be different someday.
My book is about authenticity reawakened, because life can get ahold of you, and you begin conforming to what people expect of you. If you don’t self-reflect, you lose yourself.
We can have many re-awakenings. Ask yourself: Who am I? Am I living up to my purpose?
I was the quintessential perfectionist. I was a very good high school student, but I couldn’t go to college right away, so I went to work for Sara Lee, which had tuition reimbursement. I spent fifteen years getting a degree and raising three daughters. I went on to grad school, too.
I felt people would assume I wasn’t as smart as they were. I finally had my aha moment where I discovered I had contributions to make, too. I progressed well, but I was like the tortoise in my growth and confidence. What matters most is that you have your own voice and a positive message in the world.
What stopped me many times was my fear of failure or not being great at something.
“Perfection is fear in a fancy dress.” – Author of the Artists’ Way, Julia Cameron
THE STEPS TO FULFILLING YOUR PURPOSE
1. Identify your pivotal moments and the lessons learned.
2. Think about your values, so you know what to take a stand for and what to let go of.
3. Purpose directs you toward the direction to take in your career or life. Think about it in terms of three statements: “I want…” “When I’m at my best…” “I believe…”
I left my job in March of 2020. I spent seven months writing the book. I now have a leadership coaching practice. And I do workshops to help people find their purpose.
My dream is to stay healthy. It’s a gift. I want to love and be present for the people in my life.
THE LIGHTNING ROUND
- I used to think I wasn’t smart enough.
- What was the #1 thing holding you back from becoming a woman
of value? Fear.
- What’s the best advice you can give to a woman who wants to
become more empowered? Understand fear for what it is. It’s your own limiting beliefs. Conquer those, and you are well on your way.
- What advice would you give to your younger self? It doesn’t matter how long it takes to achieve your goals. It just matters that you do.
- What’s something people get wrong about you? They think I’m an extrovert because I talk a lot. And that things come easily to me. I’m an introvert, and I have had to work really really hard for everything I’ve ever gotten in life.
- How would you like to be remembered? Someone who loved others with all her heart and wanted to make a difference in other people’s lives.
Connect with Vicki
Subscribe/Rate/Review the Woman of Value Podcast!
►► Apple Podcasts http://bit.ly/womanofvalue
►► Spotify http://bit.ly/wovspotify
►► Stitcher http://bit.ly/wovstitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts!
►► Get a copy of Sandy’s new book, Becoming a Woman of Value; How to Thrive in Life and Love on Amazon