If you’re a woman who wants success without the hustle and grind, listen to this episode of the Woman of Value Podcast.
Jean Tien is a professional speaker, author and creator of The S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Method. She is passionate about empowering and supporting executive women who are ready to disrupt the status quo and up-level their success without the hustle and grind. Jean is also the host of the podcast, Being Unapologetically Authentic. When she is not working with clients or speaking at events, Jean loves taking road trips with her family to find the best ice cream stand after spending the day outdoors enjoying local parks.
In this episode of the Woman of Value Podcast:
- How to have success without the hustle and grind
- Jean Tien’s story of finding her passion and value
- Is work/life balance possible?
- How culture can influence our choices in life and work
S3 EP 21: Jean Tien – Success Without the Hustle and Grind
WHAT DOES WOMAN OF VALUE MEAN TO YOU?
Be able to contribute to society or organizations. Leave wherever I am in a better place than when I arrived.
YOUR ‘AHA’ WOMAN OF VALUE MOMENT
I am the first born daughter of Asian immigrants from Taiwan. They were very strict about their definition of success and what they wanted me to be. Until about five years ago, I didn’t realize there were other choices. I got great grades, went to Ivy League University, etc.
I woke up and realized I didn’t want to stay in corporate in my career. I wasn’t happy. I wondered if this was all there was to life. It prompted me to look for solutions to my frustration. That’s when I found spirituality. I found personal self-development. I then realized so much possibility of what was available to me. I then became excited for Mondays instead of a sense of dread.
I began working on my business and inspiring and educating others to live a fulfilling life without overwhelm and hustle. The hard work is attached to your purpose and passion.
The pandemic allowed me to evaluate my business and see where it needs to go. The business now focuses on professional speaking and coaching, both private and small group mastermind.
I’m writing my first book about the SUCCESS Method. I would love to inspire millions like Tony Robbins and promote success without the hustle.
THE LIGHTNING ROUND
- I used to think I wasn’t smart, good, rich enough.
- What was the #1 thing holding you back from becoming a woman
of value? Myself and my culture.
- What’s the best advice you can give to a woman who wants to
become more empowered? Be more empowered! Take that first step you think you can’t do well and do that. Work through your fear of failure.
- What advice would you give to your younger self? Be confident in who you are and don’t allow others to dictate your worth.
- What’s something people get wrong about you? I have a tendency to speak what’s on my mind and don’t mince words, and people mistake that for animosity or negativity or being disagreeable.
- How would you like to be remembered? For my passion and the change I have started and triggered.
Connect with Jean Tien
Please Subscribe/Rate/Review the Woman of Value Podcast!
► Apple Podcasts http://bit.ly/womanofvalue
► Spotify http://bit.ly/wovspotify
► Stitcher http://bit.ly/wovstitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts!
► Get a copy of Sandy’s book, Becoming a Woman of Value; How to Thrive in Life and Love https://bit.ly/womanofvaluebook