It’s never too late to change direction. My guest, Kass Thomas, is someone who keeps pivoting into the many expressions of her truest self.
Kass Thomas is a successful business entrepreneur, motivational speaker and empowerment business coach. The depth of her career experiences inspires people to explore more choices and find the changes they are looking for. It is her mission in life to strengthen the unity of choice and change.
A best-selling author, Kass Thomas is debuting her newest book, Dancing with Riches, a self-empowerment manual, to encourage readers to change tracks if the journey they are on is not working for them. Within the pages of this book, readers will find a guide to transform negative into positive, and to come through a winner, even in limiting situations.
In this episode of the Woman of Value Podcast:
– What it means to change direction in your life
– How to choose your best life
– The power of letting go of the life you had
– Why you should talk to the mirror every day
– Listen to your body’s wisdom
– What it means to feel ‘at home’ wherever you go
Kass Thomas – Don’t Be Afraid to Change Direction
WHAT DOES ‘WOMAN OF VALUE’ MEAN TO YOU?
It means acknowledging that you are a woman. Because all women are of value. It’s important that we acknowledge that, because there’s such power in being a woman.
THE 7 COMMUNICATION STEPS
Phase 1: Connecting with you.
1. Show me the magic. What’s unique about you? Be present.
2. Talk to your body. It will tell you what’s true for you.
Phase 2: Disconnecting with who you were
3. Lower your barriers.
4. Go beyond the veil. Remove the mask. Connect to who you are and be seen and see the world in a different way.
Phase 3: Reconnect and engage
5. Engage with the universe. See things from other people’s perspective. Approach the conversation from their perspective.
6. Expand your zone. Access information about your past, present and future, and explore different means of communication. Also, communicate with animals.
Phase 4: Establish true connection
7. Connect with the earth. You’ll always feel at home.
YOUR ‘AHA’ WOMAN OF VALUE MOMENT
There was a six-month period in my life where I was working in hospitality for years and lost my job. I had never been fired. They wanted to hire me in different hotels, because I had just won concierge of the year. I was about to go into the cab, but I could not get in. My body was shaking. I called and turned down the interview.
Those six months transformed my life. One of my dearest friends died of AIDS. I was away when he died. I went on unemployment. And I started traveling with a jazz artist. She paid for my travel and accommodations. I spoke French and Italian and was her tour manager. I reconnected with myself.
When I got to Rome, I had a moment where I couldn’t get out of the tub. I realized there was a transformation happening. I wasn’t happy in my marriage. I went home and realized I had to get divorced. My friend who had died had a brownstone, and I had a place to live.
Even though people told me I was crazy for leaving my marriage, I had to go. I had to follow my intuition, my inner knowing. Six months later, a guy I met when I came to Rome to study called me. He came to New York, and we ended up getting married and moving to Rome.
DANCING WITH RICHES: Empowering People to Know That They Know
It’s about being in step with the energy of change. It’s a how-to book. Utilize questions to help you know what works for you. Learn to relate to yourself and recognize the riches of yourself.
Learn to relate to your body at any stage of life. Appreciate your body. Learn to improve relationships with others. Learn how to change your point of view around money, too.
THE LIGHTNING ROUND
- I used to think I wasn’t focused enough.
- What was the #1 thing holding you back from becoming a woman
of value? Wanting to support the structure of my life. Married, 2.5 kids, living in the states, etc.
- What’s the best advice you can give to a woman who wants to
become more empowered? Connect with you. Look in the mirror in the morning in your eyes, and repeat, Good morning. Until you feel some movement inside.
- What advice would you give to your younger self? It’s going to be okay. Do not give in. Don’t ever quit.
- What’s something people get wrong about you? That I’m not approachable or accessible.
How would you like to be remembered? As a beacon of light that shines and illuminates light in other people.
Connect With Kass
Follow Kass at @TheArtofBeingKass
Please Subscribe/Rate/Review the Podcast
►► Apple Podcasts http://bit.ly/womanofvalue
►► Spotify http://bit.ly/wovspotify
►► Stitcher http://bit.ly/wovstitcher
or wherever you listen to podcasts!
►► Get a copy of Sandy’s book, Becoming a Woman of Value; How to Thrive in Life and Love