Julie Broad started Book Launchers to help people get published and grow their brand. Listen to her inspirational story!
Julie Broad is the founder of self-publishing services firm Book Launchers and Amazon Overall #1 Best Selling Author. Julie’s titles include More than Cashflow, The New Brand You, and her latest book, Self-Publish & Succeed. An expert on writing a book with marketing in mind, Julie teaches authors how to write a #noboringbook on her popular YouTube channel BookLaunchers.TV.
In this episode of the Woman of Value Podcast:
– What it means to serve others and not forget to serve yourself
– Two pivotal moments of Julie finding her way to starting Book Launchers
– How to succeed at self-publishing
– Why it’s important to get published to grow your brand
S3 EP 6: Julie Broad – Get Published, Grow Your Brand
WHAT DOES WOMAN OF VALUE MEAN TO YOU?
It means you’re serving others and adding value to others’ lives, not at the expense of your own value.
YOUR ‘AHA’ WOMAN OF VALUE MOMENT
It’s not a straight line to success. I had two pivotal moments.
The first, after graduating college, my boss took me into the boardroom and slipped a paper to me to help me achieve my objectives. I had no control over how I’d achieved the outcomes. So I quit my job in 2008 and went into real estate investments. I built a successful company. I kept seeing I could succeed on my own.
The second, in 2010, after achieving success, I was approached to write a book. I was given a book idea, and wrote a thirty page proposal. At the end of three months, I was rejected. My husband at the time told me to self publish. I thought I needed to be ‘chosen’ and rejected the idea of self publishing.
I knew my idea was a good one, and I wrote the book I wanted to write. I took it to number one on Amazon!
Any time you’re faced with a tough situation, it can be the next chapter in your life. It’s the greatest gift.
Book Launchers was created soon after I launched my first book. Many authors reached out to me to ask about how I achieved success. I was also helping real estate investors who wanted to write books.
People write a good book and don’t know how to market it.
Others don’t write a good book, because they don’t know how.
If you want respect as a published author, you need to think about marketing from day one. So, I dreamed up this company to help serve authors to help them write and market to sell.
The four monsters people deal with in writing a book:
Fear of judgment
Fear of success
Fear of failure
To overcome your monsters, think about the reader you want to serve, and think about how it would be to NOT share your story.
It’s hard to predict where I will go. Our team is expanding. We have a phenomenal group of authors. I want to serve more people to help sell more books.
THE LIGHTNING ROUND
- I used to think I wasn’t cool enough.
- What was the #1 thing holding you back from becoming a woman
of value? Fear of judgment.
- What’s the best advice you can give to a woman who wants to
become more empowered? Do the thing you’re most afraid to do.
- What advice would you give to your younger self? Don’t do the MBA. It’s not the key to your success. Be who you are at your core.
- What’s something people get wrong about you? People underestimate me at first, because I’m introverted and shy.
- How would you like to be remembered? As a woman of value. I want to be remembered as someone who helped others and leave the world a better place.
Connect with Julie
Please Subscribe/Rate/Review the Woman of Value Podcast!
► Apple Podcasts http://bit.ly/womanofvalue
► Spotify http://bit.ly/wovspotify
► Stitcher http://bit.ly/wovstitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts!