Dr. Anne Whitehouse and I had a wonderful conversation about women who are ready to own their power. She is an author, PhD scientist, female power alchemist and subconscious healing specialist. Following her burnout in the world of engineering, she developed a pioneering system that frees women from the toxic energies of the status quo, so they can level the energetic playing field, and succeed in the world without being undermined or sacrificing their feminine energy.
In this episode of the Woman of Value Podcast:
– The pivotal moments that led to Anne’s work as a power alchemist for women
– How women can free themselves from old beliefs and own their power
– Anne’s passion around helping women find their voice
Inspiring Women to Own Their Power
WHAT IS A WOMAN OF VALUE TO YOU?
Every woman is of value. It’s about owning that value. It’s not something women do naturally. There’s so much blocking it. We go through challenging experiences that lead us to that choice point. That’s what catapults us to seeing who we are and knowing our value. And that’s when we create positive change in the world.
WHAT IS ALCHEMY?
Alchemy is turning lead into gold. When you release the negativity, you can fly into the positive. You end up many times more bright and sparkly and inspirational than if you hadn’t gone through these changes.
‘AHA’ WOMAN OF VALUE MOMENTS
I was a high powered scientist and a college professor in engineering. I was determined that I could be as good as the men in the male dominated environment. Not only was I not accepted, I was undermined. My stress and anxiety went up. I had terrible insomnia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Six years later, I was lying on the sofa, too weak to even pick up a pen. I had a moment of clarity: I’m not prepared for my life to be over at age 30. I had been told by doctors there was nothing they could do for me. I didn’t accept that this was my life. I was determined to make it different.
Undermined women like me is what led to writing my book, outlining why we do what we do, how we can create our own power foundation and thrive and succeed. We were operating from an old system rooted in the past. It was completely at odds with being a modern woman trying to succeed in the world.
The second challenge came when I was at the point of launching my new mission in 2014. We had a terrible tragedy: my daughter Rebecca died suddenly in her sleep. She was only 7 years old and we had no warning.
I had to take it one breath at a time. I wasn’t prepared for my life to be ruined. I was only 45. I looked for a way to find that alchemy again, to form a legacy in her honor. That took me to another level. Even though I’m shy, and it was scary to get my work out into the world, I knew I needed to be more visible and write a book. Rebecca was a little spark of light. She was the epitome of feminine power and energy. She was fearless. Her essence of feminine empowerment is what we all deserve. Rebecca was the inspiration for my work purpose.
I’m creating an online program called Activating Our Female Empowered Voice to help women speak up, be heard, and bring that power in for unshakable confidence. We have so much freedom and opportunities, but we are still struggling with the old limiting beliefs. We have far too few women at the top. My mission is to help women succeed without the cost.
The next project is the next book, and it’s for men. If we’re all currently running this archaic system, and we take back our power, it starts to pull the rug out from men. Men often have depression because they’re also getting the wrong messages from the subconscious. It’s also going to help men understand how to help women.
THE LIGHTNING ROUND
- I used to think I wasn’t good enough.
- What was the #1 thing holding you back from becoming a woman of value? The subconscious legacy I didn’t know I had.
- What’s the best advice you can give to a woman who wants to become more empowered? Have a look at the life of your grandmother. What were her aspirations, and what was she able to do in her life? That’s your subconscious legacy. That’s where your messages come from that you’re not good enough. The more you feel that, it’s a measure of how brilliant you are. You can turn it on its head and see how far you’ve come from your ancestors!
- What advice would you give to your younger self? I’d tell her, you have what it takes. There will be big challenges, and you’ll have to get through them.
- What’s something people get wrong about you? When I tell them who I used to be, they often think I was always confident and outgoing. It was my conditioning that wasn’t allowing me to feel safe being myself.
- How would you like to be remembered? I have a dream that the knowledge and techniques I’ve discovered will shift the power dynamic of millions of women. I’d like to be remembered as that woman.