Natalie Mills went from rags to riches and created a successful retail business that’s all about glam and bling at affordable prices!
Natalie Mills went from rags to riches selling her handmade jewelry to neighbors at eight-years-old to being featured on NBC and named a best-selling product for 2020. She sold products on HSN, was awarded the Einstein Greencard Award, and was recognized as a trend-setter and style leader. She has also been featured in Vogue, been a part of NBC’s America’s Big Deal, and styled major celebrities.
In this episode of the Woman of Value Podcast:
- Natalie’s story of how she went from rags to riches
- How important it is to find the fire within you
- How to not let past trauma define you
- How kindness trumps bitterness and anger and helps you succeed in life
S3 EP 17: Natalie Mills – From Rags to Riches
WHAT DOES WOMAN OF VALUE MEAN TO YOU?
When a woman is confident and unapologetic in who she is. She uses her gifts and talents and puts them to good use.
YOUR ‘AHA’ WOMAN OF VALUE RAGS TO RICHES MOMENT
From age four, I told my mom I’d live in America and be on TV. At age seven, I picked up seashells and made pretty things to sell. I’m self-taught and street smart.
My dad and I were close. When my parents got divorced, my mom made some bad decisions. She fell in love with a man who committed suicide and shot himself in front of my mom. I found myself caring for my younger brother. I was hijacked at gunpoint where someone wanted my vehicle. I had trauma after trauma after trauma. I became bitter and frustrated. I had to fend for myself and be a breadwinner for my family.
I knew I had big dreams and goals and aspirations for myself. I had the driving force to succeed.
I loved fashion and jewelry but had a modest salary. I found a gap in the market to make affordable jewelry. And that’s how my business got started.
I took myself from pain to power by realizing what I wanted to be. I didn’t allow my trauma to define me anymore. I went back to seven year old Natalie, and decided not to let the trauma rob me of my dreams.
Take the first step to move towards your passions and goals. Accept that it won’t be easy. Be prepared to walk through the hard times. Protect your light by putting boundaries in place.
Our company is all about bling and glam. Rhinestones and bling – slippers, earrings, gorgeous accessories that make you feel like you can take over the world. We have items for every season without breaking the bank.
The future is constantly moving. When the markets change, you have to be able to pivot quickly. Our plans are to continue the culture of kindness and love. We’re also launching Natalie Mills Beauty, working with the best pharmacies and dermatologists.
THE LIGHTNING ROUND
- I used to think I wasn’t good enough. I have such a high level of perfection, I wasn’t sure I could be good enough. It made me very critical of myself and drove me.
- What was the #1 thing holding you back from becoming a woman
of value? Anger and hurt, because of my past trauma made me question a lot.
- What’s the best advice you can give to a woman who wants to
become more empowered? Center yourself. Do soul searching and acknowledge and feel what are your unique gifts. Remove all the negativity. Get back to the fire inside of you. Keep on burning the fire.
- What advice would you give to your younger self? I would tell her to keep her fire. I’d say stop being so hard on yourself. Stop worrying so much! It’s going to be okay.
- What’s something people get wrong about you? That I am exceptionally outgoing. If I knew you well, I’m outgoing, but if I don’t, I don’t always like to be out there. I can be reserved in many ways.
- How would you like to be remembered? As a woman that was absolutely tenacious and unapologetic about her goals and aspirations, and has inspired others to do the same. And a woman who has an absolute love for the Lord and has laid my life and my path for Him with faith, determination, and absolute obedience.
Connect with Natalie
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/nataliemillsglobal
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nataliemillsjewelry/
Twitter – @NataliemillsUSA
Pinterest – @Nataliemillsglobal
TikTok – @nataliemillsofficial
Please Subscribe/Rate/Review the Woman of Value Podcast!
► Apple Podcasts http://bit.ly/womanofvalue
► Spotify http://bit.ly/wovspotify
► Stitcher http://bit.ly/wovstitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts!
► Get a copy of Sandy’s book, Becoming a Woman of Value; How to Thrive in Life and Love https://bit.ly/womanofvaluebook