Dr. Errin Weisman speaks openly about the professional burnout she experienced early in her family medicine career so no woman feels alone. She is proof you can have a joy-filled and sustainable career. She lives and practices life coaching and medicine in rural Southwestern Indiana, loves her roles as farmer’s wife, athlete and mother of three. Besides being sassy, she enjoys getting mud on her shoes, teaching her children to catch tadpoles and reading a great fantasy novel.
In this episode of the Woman of Value Podcast:
- Why so many women suffer from burnout
- How to have a joy-filled life
- The true meaning of authentic living
- What it means to know your worth
- How to not get attached to the outcome
- How to let go of perfection and live your best life
S3 EP 2: Erinn Weisman – From Burnout to Badass
WHAT DOES WOMAN OF VALUE MEAN TO YOU?
She knows her worth. It’s not based on external factors.. It’s her inherent pricelessness.
YOUR ‘AHA’ WOMAN OF VALUE MOMENT – FROM BURNOUT TO BADASS COACH
My pivotal moment was when I was sitting across from my Chief Medical Officer explaining that I felt uncomfortable as an attending physician. What he said made me realize I didn’t want to be doing just this the rest of my life. There is so much more than this definition of me. I realized I didn’t have to follow all the rules anymore. I had to think about who I was without the white coat.
I started my practice within a few weeks. I came home one night and said, I can’t do this. My husband said, give it six months and see how you feel. No one had my answers but me.
I found thousands of other physicians online who felt like I did. I found a coach, and I felt heard, seen and understood. The more we coached, the more I found what I wanted to do. To help people make real change. I got certified as a life coach.
I realized I had choice in my medical practice. I had to set boundaries. Six years later, I love my career, have more fun and make more money.
THE PRESENT – NO MORE BURNOUT
I wanted to wake up without an alarm clock and when my head hits the pillow, say ‘well done today’. That’s my life today. Not every moment. I give myself space to stop pushing and ask myself, ‘is this working?’ Life is like having guardrails to make sure I’m not burning out.
I’m a hybrid physician; part time doctor and part time coach.
More of the same. The work I do lights my world. My dream is to have all women find and embrace the career that lights us up. And invite fun and play back into our life.
I want to call BS on burnout and hustle culture.
THE LIGHTNING ROUND
- I used to think I wasn’t qualified enough.
- What was the #1 thing holding you back from becoming a woman
of value? My invisible rulebook. Everything I was told and heard as a child. I didn’t know that rulebook wasn’t divine and could change. Lots of ‘should’s.
- What’s the best advice you can give to a woman who wants to
become more empowered? Surround yourself with other empowered women. We’re not meant to do this journey alone.
- What advice would you give to your younger self? Take the trip. There were so many times we didn’t travel because the kids were too young, we didn’t have the money…just take the trip.
- What’s something people get wrong about you? They instantly form in their mind that because I practice medicine and am petite, I must be serious and not fun. And then they hear my podcast with me dropping F bombs!
How would you like to be remembered? Damn, she really lived.
Connect with Erinn
LinkedIn @Errin Weisman
Please Subscribe/Rate/Review the Woman of Value Podcast!
► Apple Podcasts http://bit.ly/womanofvalue
► Spotify http://bit.ly/wovspotify
► Stitcher http://bit.ly/wovstitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts!