In 2009, Megan Hill was 27 years old, and on paper her life looked perfect. Behind the scenes, it was a different story. She was waking up depressed and anxious nearly every day. Doctors told her she would likely deal with depression and anxiety the rest of her life. When she discovered Access Consciousness, she realized there was more right about her than she had ever imagined. She’s off medication, has a healthy perspective on depression, and now works with Access Consciousness worldwide to empower people to believe in themselves and their inner knowing.
In this episode of the Woman of Value Podcast:
- How Megan overcame her depression and anxiety and got off medication
- Powerful questions to ask yourself if you’re feeling anxious or depressed
- How to find the real YOU
- How to deal with outside stressors
- Megan’s hope and dream for the world
A Healthy Perspective on Depression and Anxiety
WHAT DOES WOMAN OF VALUE MEAN TO YOU?
You have value. You don’t have to have everything on the outside. You being YOU has value. It’s a journey. Some days I get it, and some days I don’t. When you’re depressed, you can lose sight of your value.
YOUR ‘AHA’ WOMAN OF VALUE MOMENT
I had a thriving career and was good at putting a happy face out to the world. People didn’t know what was going on inside. I was 25 and didn’t understand why I was so depressed. Mental health issues ran in my family. I thought maybe that’s just how I was. Medication was the only option at first to help level out the ups and downs. I was told I’d always need medication. I tried many things to get off medication.
The ‘aha’ moment was when I called a spiritual healer/intuitive. She asked me where I was living. She asked if it was possible that 98% of what was happening to me was because of my surroundings. I was intuitive and aware of the world, but I didn’t understand how it had been impacting me negatively.
That was a huge awareness. I began to go through my day asking what was mine [and what I could let go of]. In Access Consciousness, if something is light, it belongs to you, and if it’s heavy, it’s not yours. It allows you to expand. 80% of what you feel is your body’s awareness.
The Access Bars are 32 points on your head that can help you move through the world without taking on the wrong things.
If you’re going through depression or anxiety, or you’re a highly sensitive person, ask, “Is any of this mine?” Ask this question, and you’ll begin to see what’s yours and what’s not. “If I’m not the one thinking or feeling this, what would I be aware of?”
Click here to find a tool that will help with triggers.
If you get cranky, ask yourself, “Who am I being?” “If I were truly being me right now, what would I choose?” “What do I need to do right now to be me?”
I still use the Access Consciousness tools every day. I still have days where I wake up and my awareness is greater than I can handle. Click here for more great tools for living. I’d love everyone in the world to know these tools exist. Ask yourself, “What can I change today?”
My dream for the future would be what if everyone could wake up and know they’re a gift, and they have way more power and potency than they know.
THE LIGHTNING ROUND
- I used to think I wasn’t good enough.
- What was the #1 thing holding you back from becoming a woman of value? Myself.
- What’s the best advice you can give to a woman who wants to become more empowered? Stop judging yourself and your body and everything you’re creating. Just go for it!
- What advice would you give to your younger self? Stop judging and just go for it. Don’t worry about what others think about you.
- What’s something people get wrong about you? That I’m a bitch, but I’m a very nice person.
- How would you like to be remembered? I’d like to be remembered as someone who wanted to have a fabulous time changing the world. Inspiring a bit of humor.
Connect with Megan Hill
Subscribe/Rate/Review the Woman of Value Podcast!
►► Apple Podcasts http://bit.ly/womanofvalue
►► Spotify http://bit.ly/wovspotify
►► Stitcher http://bit.ly/wovstitcher
or wherever you listen to podcasts!
►► Get a copy of Sandy’s new book, Becoming a Woman of Value; How to Thrive in Life and Love.